Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...

Monday, June 16, 2003  


The volume of my blogging over the past couple weeks has been down, and it looks like that's going to continue to be the situation.

The central reason for this is my impending unemployment (T minus 14 days and counting), a result of Oregon's budget woes. Yes, now it can be told: I'm one of those parasites who work for state government (or was, or soon-to-be-was).

There are some benefits to the situation, though. I'm in the midst of trying to kick-start my freelancing career. I had a meager one going for a few years in the late 90s, in a small backwater of the food-writing genre (itself a backwater). So I'll soon be building on that promising start, which will limit my blog time. With any luck, all will go swimmingly and eventually the blogging will kick back in. I'll do my best in the meantime.

(And I guess I should go ahead and say that if you own your own publication, pay your freelancers, and have long wondered how to get me to expand on say, the three-point plan, now's your chance. I work well with copy editors, and I always make deadlines. What more can you ask from your freelancers? Email me.)

posted by Jeff | 11:26 AM |
Blogroll and Links