Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...

Thursday, November 13, 2003  

Hey everybody, let's put on a show!

I'll be gone for the next three days to the Engage Oregon Conference, and so I'm going to float something out here that I've been considering. A proposal.

For the past couple years, I've been dabbling in film. An idea ocurred to me about a documentary related to politics--interviewing Americans not about their views on the issues, but on the deeper values and experiences that inform their views. Longer, in-depth interviews, getting at something that would inform politics in a larger sense (I've been calling it The American Consensus). Of course, for it to be about Americans, I'd have to interview Americans--not just, say, Oregonians. That involves a lot of time and cost--neither of which commodity do I have much of. But then I thought: why not see if there are filmmakers out there in the blogosphere who have MiniDV cams and would be willing to do some interviews.

Well, why not?

So, while I'm away, I'll leave this question with you. Are you interested? You don't need to be a professional, just someone interested in the project who has access to a (MiniDV) camcorder. That's not such a big request, is it? You'll find the proposal in its fetal form in the post below. If enough people decide to help out, we'll flesh it out so that you can feel confident the work is something you want participate in. Email me at emmasblog(at)yahoo(dot)com for any reason, and forward the following post liberally to any filmmakers you happen to know.


posted by Jeff | 2:55 PM |
Blogroll and Links