Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...


Tuesday, November 25, 2003  

I've been following the MSNBC candidate "embeds" fairly closely. They have a bit of a unscripted bloggish quality. For the most part, following around a candidate has had the effect of turning the embedded reporter into a bit of a booster--or at least a sympathizer. So it was with interest that I noticed the Kerry piece this morning regarding last night's debate:

I spent just a few moments after the debate with Kerry. I asked him how it went and he gave the obligatory “really well” answer. Then he said he wished he had had more time to talk about the issues. I asked him what he felt he missed and he said “talking about terror.” David Wade explained that he wanted to talk more about terrorism and his unique credentials to be commander in chief in this post-Sept. 11 world. As for the new, improved John Kerry, he was more focused on special interests and health care but I thought his appearance at this debate was like those in the past -- not a winner or a loser.

Oy. That's a bit, ah, neutral, isn't it? I keep seeing articles talking about how Clark's history isn't littered with happy colleagues--but how about Kerry's campaign staff (and this embed)? Not particularly wowed by the senator, it seems.

On the other hand, maybe the poor embed was just getting tired of the debates. Lord knows I am. I look forward to Iowa so we can get this show on the road.

posted by Jeff | 10:41 AM |
File
archives
Blogroll and Links
Commerce