Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...

Wednesday, February 18, 2004  

Bush today took another swipe at gay marriage, hoping desperately to wedge himself up.

"I have watched carefully what's happening in San Francisco, where licenses were being issued, even though the law states otherwise," Bush said. "I have consistently stated that I'll support law to protect marriage between a man and a woman. Obviously these events are influencing my decision."

Never mind that he was probably exaggerating this claim. (More likely, he was unaware of San Francisco until one of his advisors mentioned they were marryin' off gays there. But I digress.) What burns my bacon is the following statement : "I am troubled by activist judges who are defining marriage."

Well man, if you're troubled by activist judges, why do you keep nominating them?

posted by Jeff | 1:48 PM |
Blogroll and Links