Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...


Wednesday, March 24, 2004  

Here's an interesting factoid: the last time President Bush mentioned Osama bin Laden's name publicly was in October 2002. It came during remarks after the Bali bombing. Here's the exchange:

Q Mr. President, do you -- on that point, on Osama bin Laden, do you have a response to the letter that was put out today, allegedly under his name, praising the killing of the American Marine in Kuwait? And do you share the concerns of Senator Richard Shelby, who believes that this is, in fact, a new al Qaeda offensive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I -- first, I don't know whether bin Laden is alive or dead. I -- you know, I do know al Qaeda is extremely dangerous. I do know that there are still some of his top lieutenants roaming around, and that we're doing everything we can to bring them to justice.


posted by Jeff | 2:35 PM |
File
archives
Blogroll and Links
Commerce