Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...


Monday, June 14, 2004  

I'm back. No doubt this information fills you with a sense of ineffible well-being. Nevertheless, I've got a little catch-up to do (an inbox listing from the weight of IMPORTANT missives from African leaders, that kind of thing), so it'll be an hour or two before I get back into the swing of things.

Incidentally, I was on the East Coast--New York and Vermont for fun and weddings. In Vermont, wedding locale (no, not a civil union; an old-fashioned Irish Catholic union), I stayed in an inn that began business in 1810. Although this garnered yawns from the New Englanders, I'll point out that it was just five years after Lewis and Clark first beheld the Oregon Coast. So for me it was kinda cool.

Anyway, I read a New York Times, hardcopy, once, and heard and saw not more than a half hour of news in nine days. I'm interested to see how much has changed: all the news this morning seems to be about chaos in Iraq, bombings, torture, and the 9/11 Commission. I guess it wasn't a bad week to be gone.

We did lose a fantastic American, and I know many are in mourning right now and aren't really able to focus on the news. I hear you: Ray Charles was the king.

All right, more after I read through those emails...

posted by Jeff | 6:55 AM |
File
archives
Blogroll and Links
Commerce