Notes on the Atrocities
Like a 100-watt radio station, broadcasting to the dozens...

Thursday, June 17, 2004  

Call me a skeptic, but this just don't seem all kosher:

The U.S.-led coalition in Iraq says a prisoner jailed in the Abu Ghraib prison has died of what appear to be natural causes....

The statement says the 42-year-old man, who was not identified by name, was jailed in May as an "imperative threat" to coalition forces. It adds that the prisoner was not undergoing any medical treatments and had not been interrogated since his arrival at the prison.

I mean, I don't want to seem like I'm questioning the stellar credibility of the keepers at Abu Ghraib, but a healthy 42-year-old "imperative threat" dies and I'm supposed to accept the "natural causes" line?

(Thanks JM.)

posted by Jeff | 2:16 PM |
Blogroll and Links